Saturday 18 December 2010

Keep Warm, Stay Cool




Recently I was lucky enough to be given this amazing vintage fur coat which my aunt was given in her twenties. It’s so soft and beautiful that I spent the first few hours just gazing at it and stroking it. Now that I’ve finished doing that I’ve decided that it’s time to wear it – after all, we are being urged by weather forecasters to wrap up warm for this so-called “Arctic Freeze”.  I’m planning on wearing it in the evening with leather panel leggings and the vintage earrings above or a glam LBD.

In the daytime I’ll be layering up with my new Warehouse cape. Capes were all over the A/W 2010 catwalks and have made it into dozens of 2011 collections too although this is a look which has also translated well onto the high street. Make a Spring cape work for Winter by layering over chunky knits and tick two trends in one by making yours camel.


Stella McCartney, Resort Collection 2011
Topshop, £95

No comments:

Post a Comment