Thursday 23 December 2010

Ooh la la



I'm a little obsessed with French New Wave cinema, particularly films by Jean Luc Godard. Even if you don't watch the film, at least watch the trailer!
 The main female character in my favourite of his films, A Bout de Souffle (Breathless), Patricia, played by Jean Seberg, is entrancing. The failed Hollywood actress made waves in Paris with her simple striped tees and gamine pixie crop - perhaps this is where Emma Watson found her inspiration for her post-Harry Potter makeover? Arguably her most iconic look in the film is the Herald Tribune t-shirt she pairs with slim black cropped trousers and pumps. This Christmas I'm hoping my nearest and dearest have acknowledged my many hints - I'm hoping for a Rodarte replica under the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment