Monday 6 June 2011

Shellac Nails

Yesterday I got my nails Shellac-ed. Shellac is a relatively new product and a hybrid between gel nails and regular nail varnish. The only difference in application to a normal manicure is that in between each coat you put your hands inside a machine which emits UV light (it's recommended that you apply an SPF to your hands before starting). This dries the varnish solid and super shiny.

The best thing about this treatment is that it is supposed to last two whole weeks without a single chip. I'll be keeping my pretty pink fingers crossed that that's true.



I got mine done in a local salon in London for £25 but prices vary around the country. The colour I chose is called Rose Pink. The only downside of Shellac is the limited range of colours - although this could be exclusive to the nail bar I visited where there wasn't much to choose from other than neutrals, pinks and reds.


2 comments:

  1. Mine are 1 and a half weeks in and one nail has broken off and another is chipped, most are peeling off :(
    I think I am going to stick to bio sculpt gel which is more hardwearing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh noo, that's so annoying for you. I was feeling so optimistic about mine but I guess it's only day two. I'll do a post on day fourteen and you can see how mine have held out.
    Thanks for following! X

    ReplyDelete